- OSHA regulates and monitors in-plant noise
- Allowable noise is a function of dBA level at certain distance over an exposure time.
- OSHA regulations state 90 dBA for an 8 hour work period using slow responic setting on meter.
- Adding a second noise producer of equal dBA will add 3 dBA to the first dBA reading.
- Sound pressure level (SPL) decreases with distance (d)
(SPL)2 = (SPL)1 – 20LOG (d2/d1)
Please see the Ametek/Regenerative Blower page on our website see the Ametek Rotron Industrial Blower Noise Chart and the Rotron dBA at Distance Conversion Chart.
From Ametek Technical and Industrial Products (Rotron Regenerative Blowers)
Contact Fluid Technology for quotes and requests for information on Ametek Rotron Blowers and Accessories.